About Our Traveling Classes
For our Traveling DIY Workshops, we sand, distress, and stain the wood for you ahead of time. During the workshop you will be able to paint the sign any colors that you want, distress the wood as much as you want, and have lots of fun doing it! This is a great couples date night idea, girls night out, or a family friendly activity. People of all ages will have fun during our class!
Have a sign you have seen on Pinterest or another picture of one that you really want to make? Call us or email us at CreativeExpressionsGalena@gmail.com and we can see if we can design something similar for you to make during the class! There may be an additional $20 design fee charged for these services.
- We ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start time of this class.
- We do allow children age 7 and older to attend our classes with a paid registration. They must have a parent or guardian also attending the class with a paid registration.
- Each person who attends the class MUST register for the class.
- Please note that this project does involve wood and no two pieces of wood are exactly the same. The grain, texture and how the wood takes the stain is different in every piece which means each piece of wood will vary slightly and each sign will vary slightly but it will look fine when we are finished! If the project you make is going to be displayed outside or in an area prone to moisture, we recommend that you protect it using the sealer of your choice which you can purchase at any local home improvement store.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Due to the customization of our classes, there are NO REFUNDS on any classes or materials! However, if you are unable to make the class please call me or email me at CreativeExpressionsGalena@gmail.com prior to the class scheduled time and we can arrange for you to attend a different class. Also, due to the customization of orders, we can NOT make any changes after you register. We do require at least 10 people to attend a class in order for us to hold it. If for any reason we have to cancel, such as bad weather or low attendance, we will notify you ahead of time and reschedule the class. If you can’t make it to the new scheduled date, we will find another class for you to come to in your area!
Photographs taken at Creative Expressions Galena (CEG) Traveling DIY Workshop events may be used in future CEG publications, on the CEG website or in other association materials. By attending any CEG events, you agree to allow CEG to use your image in any CEG-related publications, promotional products, or websites. By attending any CEG events, you consent to the use, without compensation, of recordings of your likeness and voice by CEG, perpetually and throughout the world, (a) in connection with future CEG publications, and (b) in any related CEG video or audio recordings, printed publications and Internet publications. You acknowledge and agree that CEG, and its successors and assigns, is the sole owner of all copyrights, literary rights and similar rights to such media.
Please NOTE that Dark Walnut is our most popular stain color, it is used on most of the signs in our gallery.
Friday, June 22nd
2231 Grant Street, Clinton, IA 52732
Private Party – Lori P
Sunday, June 24th
Smokin Coop BBQ Pit
Tuesday, June 26th
2022 US-20 Bus, Belvidere, IL 61008
The Phoenix Center
Wednesday, June 27th
100 S Orange St, Richland Center, WI 53581
Johnson’s Restaurant & Rec Hall
Thursday, June 28th
916 N High Street, Elkader, IA 52043
RAM Restaurant & Brewery
Thursday, June 28th
1901 McConnor Pkwy, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Knute’s Bar & Grill
Sunday, July 8th
206 E Beloit St, Orfordville, WI 53576
Monday, July 16th
2340 S Eola Rd, Aurora, IL 60503
Pulpit Rock Brewing Co
Wednesday, July 18th
207 College Dr, Decorah, IA 52101
Tycoga Vineyard & Winery
Wednesday, July 18th
2585 195th Street, DeWitt, IA 52742
Saturday, July 21st
Sunday, July 22nd
Wednesday, July 25th
107 Iowa Ave, Muscatine, IA 52761
Chrome Horse NewBo
Thursday, July 26th
1201 3rd Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA