About Our Traveling Classes
Our traveling classes are slightly different then our “In Studio” classes because with our traveling classes, we sand, distress, and stain the wood for you ahead of time. You will still be able to paint the sign any colors that you want during the class and you will still have lots of fun! This is a great couples date night idea, girls night out, or a family friendly activity. People of all ages will have fun during our class!
Have a sign you have seen on Pinterest or another picture of one that you really want to make? Call us or email us at CreativeExpressionsGalena@gmail.com and we can see if we can design something similar for you to make during the class! There may be an additional $20 design fee charged for these services.
- We ask that you arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start time of this class.
- We do allow children age 7 and older to attend our classes with a paid registration. They must have a parent or guardian also attending the class with a paid registration.
- Each person who attends the class MUST register for the class.
- Please note that this project does involve wood and no two pieces of wood are exactly the same. The grain, texture and how the wood takes the stain is different in every piece which means each piece of wood will vary slightly and each sign will vary slightly but it will look fine when we are finished! If the project you make is going to be displayed outside or in an area prone to moisture, we recommend that you protect it using the sealer of your choice which you can purchase at any local home improvement store.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Due to the customization of our classes, there are NO REFUNDS on any classes or materials! However, if you are unable to make the class please call me or email me at CreativeExpressionsGalena@gmail.com prior to the class scheduled time and we can arrange for you to attend a different class. Also, due to the customization of orders, we can NOT make any changes after you register.
Please NOTE that Dark Walnut is our most popular stain color, it is used on most of the signs in our gallery.
The distressing that we do leaves marks in the wood to make it look more rustic. It is the dents, dings, and scratches that we leave in the wood. The Curtis Sign (Monogram Personalized Sign) in our Gallery is a great example of a Heavily Distressed Sign. The knots and other textures of the wood will automatically take the stain darker or differently. The distressing is just the marks we make in the wood with tools, leaving little holes or dents, dings, and scratches in the wood.